About Providence, Divine Action and the Church


In this blog, Terry J. Wright posts thoughts and shares research on the Christian doctrine of providence. This doctrine testifies to God’s provision for all things through creation’s high priest, the man Christ Jesus. However, the precise meaning and manner of this provision is a perpetually open question, and this blog is a forum for discussion of the many issues relating to providence and the place of the Church within God’s action.

Monday 20 October 2014

The End of Providence, Divine Action and the Church

Providence, Divine Action and the Church is almost five years old. The first post, which contained a quotation from Rowan Williams, was, um, posted on 6 November 2009, and I’ve posted more than three hundred times since then. PDAC is not the most frequently updated blog in the world, but it is a labour of love, and I know some people enjoy reading my ruminations on all things relating to providence.

But all things have their season, and I’ve decided to retire PDAC in favour of a new blog, punnily entitled Sacred Wrightings. (You should thank my friends on Facebook for this title; otherwise, you’d have had something like Always Wright or The Wright Path.) In many respects, Sacred Wrightings is a continuation of PDAC; you can expect me to continue posting thoughts and research on the doctrine of providence and related themes. But you can also anticipate more general book and essay reviews; reflections, commentary, and introspection; announcements of new publications and forthcoming conferences; and hopefully a few silly things as well. I’ve come to a point where I need to allow myself the freedom to blog more widely, and, at the risk of sounding as though I’m taking things far too seriously, Sacred Wrightings is the realisation of that freedom.

I’ve enjoyed blogging at PDAC, but it’s time to move on. If you’ve enjoyed reading PDAC at all, I hope you move with me and maybe even put a link to Sacred Wrightings on your blog (if you have one). The first post is now up: Opening the Sacred Wrightings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.