About Providence, Divine Action and the Church


In this blog, Terry J. Wright posts thoughts and shares research on the Christian doctrine of providence. This doctrine testifies to God’s provision for all things through creation’s high priest, the man Christ Jesus. However, the precise meaning and manner of this provision is a perpetually open question, and this blog is a forum for discussion of the many issues relating to providence and the place of the Church within God’s action.

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Coming Attractions

I must confess that I haven’t been as active on this blog as I’d intended. During the past month or so, I have been reading through John Polkinghorne’s articles and books to prepare my submission for the ISSR’s essay competition in honour of his 80th birthday this year. My essay is an attempt to explore the differences and similarities between Polkinghorne’s use of active information (or informational causality) and primary causality. I suspect my essay will crash and burn in the competition, and I’m not even sure that I satisfy the entry criteria. Still, it was a worthy exercise, and I can always submit it to a journal. Nothing has been lost.

Part of the reason why this blog exists is for me to post thoughts, comment, etc., from my own research on the Christian doctrine of providence. The Polkinghorne essay had a deadline, so I concentrated on that paper alone; but in the future, without such time constraints, I hope more freely to post and publicly digest whatever tomes I consume.

Cambridge University Press has agreed to supply a copy of Kevin Vanhoozer’s latest book, Remythologizing Theology, for me to review on this blog – and I intend to do so at length. There’s also a handful of other books that I wish to explore, so if you’re interested in the latest research on the doctrine of providence: Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.